Re: New Standard Game?

Since the standard game is usually the first (and sometimes only) one
played, it's important for it to have a good balance between playability
and features.  We don't want to turn people off because they think Xconq
(judged by what they see first) is either too complicated or boring.

I'm concerned that adding too many units, material types, etc., to the
standard game will complicate it without adding any nice bells or
whistles.  However, the more modern setting *is* familiar to everyone.

 - Keir

(Formerly ken21@cam.ac.uk)