Re: problems with Big Commit!

   Date: Wed, 2 Jun 1999 14:48:20 +1000 (GMT+1000)
   From: Andrae Muys <a.muys@mailbox.uq.edu.au>

   int auto_pick_new_build_task() and int auto_pick_new_plan() are both
   declared static in kernel/run.c.  However they are both referenced by
   x11/xconq.c and so the compile files with a link error.

Hey, I just checked it in.  Testing?  What's that? :-)

   I'm not familiar enough with the code to fix it, but grep found it for
   me :).

   When I make the functions global scope I get a crash when trying to start
   the Standard game(default options) just as the main screen appears.

Hmmm...  This isn't the first time we've had crashes like this - Hans
has been very big on having behavioral automation as backdrop
activities instead of being AI-driven, but the architecture wasn't
really set up for that.  I'll see if I can figure it out.

   P.S. Is this sort of thing appropriate for the list, or should I be
   sending it privately?

The list is fine.  In fact, I'd say it's preferable, keeps other people
from spending their time chasing down the same problem.