Re: A lame question

   From: dlawson@gsc.net
   Date: Mon, 4 Jan 1999 10:54:27 -0500 (EST)

   I just grabbed the 7.2.88 stuff from ftp.cygnus.com and tried to get
   the tcl/tk ui working but could not.  I know absolutely nothing about
   Tcl and so I was wondering if some kind soul could tell me how to run
   the Tcl version of the UI.  Note: I'm on a Linux box not a Mac.  Thanks
   for the help and the cool game.

I haven't figured out the details of packaging yet, so the new
interface is kind of messy to set up.  For instance, you have to
choose ahead of time whether you want to try to use a preinstalled
tcl/tk 8.0 package, or use the bits that unpack into the Xconq src
dir, which are in xc7tk.2.88.tgz.  I do the latter (since my systems
only have older tcl versions installed), if you want to use existing
tcl/tk libs, you have to tweak Makefiles appropriately.  configure and
make should work as usual, but you say "make all-tkconq", and find the
tkconq executable in the x11 subdir.  The other thing you probably
need to do is to set env vars:

setenv TCL_LIBRARY <srcdir>/tcl/library
setenv TK_LIBRARY  <srcdir>/tk/library

(This is all a lot of pain to get right, which is why I say packaging
is unfinished.)

No install is set up, don't even try right now.  That means you probably
need to use -L <srcdir>/lib so that library modules get found.

Anyway, that's the basic set of things you have to do.  What kinds of
problems are you encountering?