Re: Integration of the shared memory based transport in the SystemTap

I wonder if you wouldn't take a look at the existing ring buffer code
in the transport. We had it working at one point, but then never quite
pushed it over the finish line. I'm sure it needs some updates for
kernel changes. The advantage here would be that we're using an
existing kernel interface instead of rolling our own. Plus, a good bit
of the work has been done to integrate it with systemtap already. Look
in runtime/transport/ring_buffer.c.

--
David Smith
Principal Software Engineer