Re: exercising current aarch64 kprobe support with systemtap

Hi Will,

On 03/08/2016:01:39:47 PM, William Cohen wrote:
> On 08/03/2016 09:13 AM, Pratyush Anand wrote:

> > Hi Will,
> >
> > Can you please cross-check if following branch works perfectly with
> > kprobes_onthefly.exp and other systemtap tests.
> >
> > https://github.com/pratyushanand/linux/tree/uprobe/upstream_arm64_devel_v1.1
> >
> > Following patch in above branch should solve this issue.
> > https://github.com/pratyushanand/linux/commit/d0dcc6477f1279ab0bd99aefc30efdecb16c586e
> >
> > However, I am not yet sure that above modification could be the best solution,
> > so discussing at arm kernel list.
> >
> > ~Pratyush
> >

> I have an AMD seattle machine set up Fedora24, the upstream_arm64_devel_v1.1 branch kernel locally built, and a locally built checkout of systemtap (systemtap rpm in fc24 doesn't generate models for linux 4.6 and newer kernels).  Tried to run the systemtap tests with:
>
>  make installcheck RUNTESTFLAGS="--debug systemtap.onthefly/kprobes_onthefly.exp"
>
> However at some point the kernel starts having problems:
>
> http://paste.stg.fedoraproject.org/5375/

Yes, this is what you were getting with earlier code as well, but now it is not
going to infinite unexpected EL1, so at least proposed kprobe improvement seems
fine to me.

In this failing test we are getting oom and the oom_killer is called. So,
I think, this is another point of investigation that why this OOM occurs.

~Pratyush