Re: userspace probe breakage with gcc 4.8 due to inablility to locate semaphore variable

mkulkarni wrote:

 [...]
> Meanwhile, in my setup, I have found out that the runtime box has
> native gcc 4.4 And the regression is because the build uses gcc 4.8
> (which uses dwarf4 by default)

Why do you think so?  stap works fine here on that version of gcc, and
older, and newer.  Can you forward your full gcc/stap/elfutils/kernel
versions, and perhaps a binary (compiled with your gcc 4.8) that was
giving stap a hard time?