Re: Systemtap on ARM arch results summary

On Tue, Jun 17, 2014 at 10:33:20PM -0400, William Cohen wrote:
> Does GDB deal with this properly?  It would be worthwhile to see
> whether GDB addresses ARM/Thumb code breakpoints.  It is going to
> have the same issue.

I don't know how GDB deals with this, but I have been dealing with
some ARM/Thumb issues in elfutils [1]. If you have access to a symbol
table then you can lookup inside which STT_FUNC symbol the address
falls. The zero bit of the st_value will indicate whether the function
starts in ARM or THUMB code. There are also special $a and $t STT_FUNC
symbols in the symbol table that indicate the start of ARM or THUMB
code [2].

Cheers,

Mark

[1]