Re: Systemtap on ARM arch results summary

On 06/12/14 11:42, William Cohen wrote:
On 06/12/2014 11:18 AM, David Long wrote:

Hi David,

Fedora on ARM sets the gcc compiler to "-march=armv7-a", so it is not generating thumb/thumb2 instructions.  I guess that makes it easier for Fedora.

William,

I assume then that the C runtime library is also built without thumb instructions? I think a thumb C library is causing a lot of my troubles, especially when tests do a process probe of ("*").

I assume you're testing with uprobes, now that the feature is available in the ARM kernel? If so note there's a patch to cache flushing inside uprobes from Victor Kaminsky that went into the v3.16 merge window, and which is important (it fixes that intermittent at_var segv you first reported 8 months ago).

I'm curious to see the (compressed) systemtap.log from one of your more recent runs. It would help me determine which failures might be real uprobes issues.

-dl