Re: arm64 kprobes patches

Sandeepa Prabhu <sandeepa.prabhu@linaro.org> writes:

> Hi all,
> We have uploaded arm64 kprobes latest changes on linaro git which
> include some fixes for recursive kprobes.  [...]

Great.

> Please let us know if you are interested in pulling this branch for
> systemtap test-suite verification, while we are trying to include
> systemtap test-suite on our linaro open-embedded platforms.

We will try soon.

> Also, please let us know if there are documentation on howto run full
> test-suite for systemtap and various criteria  kprobes should meet?

The systemtap README includes these words:

  [...]
  To run a simple test.
  # stap -v -e 'probe vfs.read {printf("read performed\n"); exit()}'

  To run the full test suite from the build tree.
  # make installcheck
  [...]

The full installcheck suite exercises kprobes some, but not in a
stressful mode, like

      probe kernel.function("*").* {}

That's partly because the x86 kernel has never been able to survive
such a test.  It would be great if arm kprobes were robust enough.