Re: New location for aarch64 Fedora 19 packages

On 11/28/2013 02:51 AM, Sandeepa Prabhu wrote:
> On 27 November 2013 21:21, William Cohen <wcohen@redhat.com> wrote:

>> Hi Sandeepa,
>>
>> Your internet probably works.  The location of the repo has changed and you will need to copy the attached file into /etc/yum.repos.d/.  This is mentioned in the following URL:
>>
>> https://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/arm/2013-November/007089.html
>>
>> You might also need to set the date correctly for the aarch64 simulator.  If the date is way off, yum might not like that.
> Thanks, after updating baseurl, yum & git clone are working fine.
> Also time is set correctly to Eastern zone(Thu Nov 28 02:48:31 EST
> 2013) , able to install gcc: "gcc version 4.8.1 20130920 (Red Hat
> 4.8.1-10) (GCC)"

Hi Sandeepa,

You can set the time zone to what ever you want.  I have seen in the past that yum wasn't able to update things if the time wasn't set to something reasonable.

If you are building a kernel on the simulator, you probably want to prune the list of modules in the feodra config to just the minimal and use the following as the starting point for the kernel:

make localmodconfig

Similarly when building systemtap on the simulator you probably want to disable the building of the documentation, which is very slow, with a --disable-docs in the configure.

-Will