Re: Making the transport layer more robust

On Tue, 2011-07-19 at 10:58 +0200, Mark Wielaard wrote:
> pr10854.exp acts strangely on rhel5, it seems fine on f14. It just sits
> there waiting the reap staprun, which will never happen since it tries
> to pkill it at the same time, that could be because the startup/exit of
> staprun/stapio is much more robust now, but I don't fully understand the
> expect spawn, catch, wait logic. Maybe it is some strange bug in the
> rhel5 expect? Maybe I changed some expectation of staprun/stapio/module
> interaction? Any help understanding the expect logic would be
> appreciated.

I think I narrowed this down to the following commit:

commit 5c854d7ca64df766c581c9ed7ff81e04c9d1fa4d
Author: Chris Meek <cmeek@redhat.com>
Date:   Wed Jul 13 10:31:47 2011 -0400

    PR12890: Renaming modules in Staprun

Although it is somewhat hard to say, because it doesn't always fail. But
I have never seen it fail before this commit.

Still trying to understand the real issue and the testcase though. So
all help appreciated.

Cheers,

Mark