Re: [pcp] suitability of PCP for event tracing

nathans@aconex.com wrote:
----- "Ken McDonell" <kenj@internode.on.net> wrote:

One other random comment - wrt your code snippet, Frank, it'd
probably be more consistent to do the timeout/interval setting
via pmSetMode.  The other async requests that Greg/Max did do
not have an opaque void* (passthru) parameter either ... so,
just need to think about whether we want consistency or not
there (and whether than concept needs to be available in those
other async calls).

Personally I'm a big fan of void *closure pointers, see the pmLoop*() functions for examples.

Guys, let's please not take the existing async API calls as an example of good design or as a precedent. I think they should be considered a short term expedient, and replaced with better design.

Re Frank's API proposal: how does the client cancel a watch? What thread is doing the servicing of the socket to PMCD, and if the main app thread, when?

--
Greg.