Re: Segmentation Fault: Task died at uprobe probepoint

Gaurav Dhiman <dimanuec@gmail.com> writes:

> [...]
> I am using kernel 2.6.29, which has the corresponding utrace patch.
> Can it be the reason that the older version is not compatible with the
> latest version of systemtap?

It should work.  I'm surprised that an elfutils version change
produced anything visibly different.  Perhaps you could try a fresh
copy of 0.147 (and build systemtap with --with-elfutils=PATH)?

> Another thing that I forgot to mention in my previous emails is that
> I am running this kernel and systemtap inside a Xen DomU. Does that
> make a difference?

We have had some problems in the long-ago past with xen not emulating
breakpoints inside the guests quite right.  Would you be in a position
to try kvm and/or hardware?