Re: How to change a string type argument of a system call?

Neo Liu <diabloneo@gmail.com> writes:

> How can I use systemtap to change a string type parameter in a
> syscall probe? For example, I use "probe syscall.open", I want to
> change the "filename" parameter to make the "open" syscall open a
> different file. How can I do that?

We don't currently have helper functions for this: kernel_string() and
user_string() just read.  Someone could write embedded-c routines to
do kernel_set_string() etc., but if we put them into the standard
tapset we need to make such functions only available in guru mode.
(That would probably need the invention of a /* guru */ marker.)