Re: [RFC 1/5] Kernel Fault injection framework using SystemTap

Anup C Shan <anupcshan@gmail.com> writes:

> [...]  We have designed a tapset for fault injection. It is meant to
> ease the process of injecting faults into the kernel. As use cases,
> we have ported in-kernel fault injection for slab and page_alloc
> using this framework. Refer Documentation/fault-injection/

Neat.

> Comments and suggestions are welcome.  Please suggest a right
> location to place these tapset scripts in SystemTap source tree.

It seems like it's special-purpose enough to warrant a place in among
the examples, which are currently checked in at
.../testsuite/systemtap.examples/, as opposed to the tapset proper.
The scripts and a README could go into a new subdirectory.  For
cataloging the scripts, a brief ".meta" file should accompany each
end-user (as opposed to tapset) script.  They could each have a
"test_check" field to compile-test the scripts.  (A test_installcheck
field to actually inject faults into a running developer system is
probably not appropriate. :-)

Please place proper copyright notes and GPLv2+ license terms on the
files; then we can package them.