Array length or catching errors

I have looked through the language reference for System Tap and haven't found what I am looking for.  I would like to be able to check the length of my associative array or to be able to catch the error when I have reached MAXMAPENTRIES so that I can exit a bit more gracefully and print out some of the data I am interested in.  Is there currently any way to do this?  Should I be probing the error somehow?

Haley Thrapp