Where is stap looking for debuginfo?

I am a new user of SystemTap and a fairly new developer of Linux in
general.  I am able to run the hello world example in the stap
tutorial, but when I try to run the first script with a probe to
sys_open, I get the following error:

stap -v strace-open.stp
Pass 1: parsed user script and 53 library script(s) in 230usr/0sys/247real ms.
semantic error: libdwfl failure (dwfl_linux_kernel_report_offline): No
such file or directory while resolving probe point
kernel.function("sys_open")?
semantic error: cannot find kernel debuginfo while resolving probe
point kernel.function("sys32_open")?
semantic error: no match for probe point while resolving probe point
syscall.open
Pass 2: analyzed script: 1 probe(s), 5 function(s), 0 embed(s), 0
global(s) in 10usr/0sys/6real ms.
Pass 2: analysis failed.  Try again with more '-v' (verbose) options.

I am currently running with the linux kernel 2.6.9-34 and systemtap
version systemtap-0.5.12-1.  Is there somewhere I need to modify
systemtap to tell it where it should be finding the debug information?

Haley Thrapp