Re: [patch] Alter syscall.brk and syscall.mremap to support IA64

Wenji Huang wrote:
Lai Jiangshan wrote:

Hi, all
    In the current tapset, kernel function sys_brk and sys_mremap are
used to probe syscall.brk and syscall.mremap. But on IA64, the entries
of syscall brk and mremap are actually ia64_brk and ia64_mremap, but not
sys_brk and sys_mremap. Though I think ia64's kernel function will be
finally changed to sys_brk and sys_mremap, it will be a long time so it
is inconvenient for users to probe these 2 syscalls on IA64. So I added
the probe points to syscall.brk and syscall.mremap for IA64 as following:

sys_brk is generic, use %( arch == "ia64" %? to make it optional. Of course, it is better to put architecture depended probe into the corresponding directory.

   I think "?" ( kernel.function("ia64_brk") ? ) is better than "arch",
because it's  more neat and it will not cause error even ia64_brk and
ia64_mremap is changed to sys_brk and sys_mremap on IA64 (I think it is
of high possibility).

   Putting architecture-depended probe into the corresponding directory
is also nice, but I think the two probe points must be deleted from
tapset/syscall.stp if modify it as you suggested. Also the problem
mentioned above will exist.

So, I think it will be better to modify the tapset in my way.

Regards,
LaiJiangshan