Re: Proposal for small addition to testsuite output

On Fri, Aug 31, 2007 at 07:27:07PM -0500, WENJI.HUANG@ORACLE.COM wrote:
> > Your sample log shows:
> >
> > Snapshot: version 0.6/0.127 built 2007-08-27
> >
> > My question is...  Can snapshots be identified uniquely based
> > on the version
> > string (0.6/0.127) or should it be by date as specified in the
> > snapshot
> > announcements like:
> >
> > > A new automated systemtap CVS snapshot is available.
> > > ftp://sources.redhat.com/pub/systemtap/snapshots/systemtap-20070811.tar.bz2
> > > 739767 bytes
> > > See also ftp://sources.redhat.com/pub/systemtap/snapshots/
>
> If test system retrieves source from CVS resposity, seems no mapping between snapshot and version.
>
> Neither not unique.
>
> How about ftp snapshot directedly?

The idea here would be that people run the testsuite for a specific snapshot,
and submit the results to the labrat reporting server for inclusion on the
reporting website.  That is seperate from the building from CVS that already
gets done right now (though without running more than the basic tests).

This is why it is important to be able to identify the snapshot being used,
because different people will be submitting results for the same snapshot.
Being able to correlate all the results for the same snapshot into a single
view is important to get a better understanding about the state of systemtap
for a specific snapshot.

	Cheers,
	Kris