Re: stap -x option

Mike Mason <mmlnx@us.ibm.com> writes:

> [...]
> While I think it's best to avoid running multiple instances of the same
> script, it should still be allowed.  [...]
> Using -m to accomplish this is cumbersome.

Please try again with the "-m"-related changes dsmith just checked in.

> Could we simply add an option that tells stap to ignore the cache?

It's not the caching per se that's the problem, but that the default
module name (stap_<getpid>) is reasonably unique but hard to express
with "-m".

Martin pointed out that load-time module renaming is an option too
(see "modprobe -o NAME MODULE").  A good solution could be to do this
automatically at staprun time.