Reviewing Tapset code

Currently we don't have a good idea of the amount of code in the tapset library is exercised by the testsuite. There is a bugzilla entry for work related to this, 4529, which I have on my action item list.

I did some simple command line to get an idea of the size of the tapsets and the amount of guru mode used.

There is about 25K lines (including comments and blank lines) in the 57 .stp files with about 356 probes/functions using guru mode in 49 files.

A significant amount of code is in the LKET directory, 7.2K lines. All of the LKET files have guru mode code in them, because _lket_trace is implemented as a C define, so each function that is tracing needs to use _lket_trace and is in guru mode. The lket_trace define uses varargs, and need to be check to make sure that the arguments agree.

LKET/lket_trace:update_record() changes internal systemtap data structure, Stp_pbuf. It really shouldn't be doing that.

In LKET hookid_defs.stp a lot of the verbosity could be remove by using global initializers rather than declaring the variable in one place and then initializing it in hookid_init(). Something like the following:

global HOOKID_NFSD_PROBE_CREATE_RETURN = 38

-Will