Functions that require interrupts be enabled

I want to add a function to the task.stp tapset file that grabs a process' arguments from its user address space. We couldn't do this before because all probes ran with interrupts disabled and couldn't sleep. Now that begin/end probes no longer require that interrupts be disabled, this function can be used in begin/end probes at least.

How do I prevent the function from being used in other probes? Is there a way to detect if interrupts are disabled or detect that the function was called from a begin/end probe? Do we even want to provide functions with this type of limitation?

Mike