Re: offline elfutils processing committed

On Tue, 2006-11-07 at 10:43 -0500, Frank Ch. Eigler wrote:
> Martin Hunt <hunt@redhat.com> writes:
>
> > Right now I have staprun getting SIGKILL from __oom_kill_task and it
> > signals the end probe functions [...]
>
> How, when by its nature, no process can hook SIGKILL.

Doh! You are right of course. Must remember to drink caffeine in the
mornings before posting.

I checked and oom does use SIGKILL, but staprun only handles SIGINT and
SIGTERM.

Plan B involves having the module detect staprun's death. Easiest way
would probably be to add in to the worker thread poll loop which would
mean it would detect that staprun had been killed within .01 seconds.

Martin