Re: user mode backtrace

We don't yet have a good answer to user-space stuff in general. We
may adopt a mixture of two approaches: one where the compiled
systemtap probes get some extract of backtrace-enabling unwind
information for selected user-space programs and libraries (so the
backtrace processing can be done instantly right there); and another
one where the probe may snapshot only an approximation (say a vector
of probable PCs from the thread's stack frame), and rely on a
user-space helper to correct/complete it for output later, off-line.

Given the choice I'd prefer the latter because it'd be less intrusive.