Re: Kernel hang with latest snapshot

David Boreham wrote:
Li Guanglei wrote:

The 2.6.17-1.2187_FC5-i686 debuginfo package is too big to download for me :(. But I tried 2.6.18/i686, it works really well. Probing for almost half an hour without crash the kernel.

Hi, perhaps there is an incompatibility between the current stap and the RH kernel.
I will see if I can make a stock kernel work (I'm assuming that's what you mean
by 2.6.18 above?).

Yes. I am using 2.6.18

I also checked in some bugfix for LKET on i386. I tried to turn on all probes(addevent.*) and it works ok. You can try the latest CVS and let me know if you have any problem.

Hi, just tried the current cvs code. The compile error is gone. Unfortunately the kernel hang is still present :(

I may also try a 'real' machine vs a vmware instance.

I tried addevent.iosyscall.*, addevent.scsi.* , addevent.syscall.*, and they all seem stable.

I tested addevent.* twice, which will turn on a lot of probes. The first time it crash after 60 seconds. The second time it keep running for almost 30 minutes without crash while I am running other application at the same time. So I can't say addevent.* won't crash your system, but you can try it or try with a smaller set of trace hooks :)

btw, I updated elfutils to 0.124 in the second test of addevent.*

- Guanglei