Re: Tapset state & plans

Mike Mason wrote:
I've been asked to do is help expand and enhance systemtap's set of tapsets. As a starting point, I have some questions regarding the current state of things:

- What analysis has been done to determine what tapsets should be implemented? Has anyone done a comparison between the data that dtrace provides and what systemtap does/should provide?

- Of the tapsets already in cvs, which are considered complete and which are incomplete. I know things like this are never truly "done", but some must be more done than others.

- What tapsets are people in the community currently working on?

- Does a prioritized list of tapsets "to be done" exist?

Thanks,
Mike Mason

Current RPC tapset mainly picks probe points from high-level
RPC client, server and scheduler functions. It doesn't cover
other components such as XDR, credential, etc. Any contribution
to this/systemtap is welcome.

Thanks.

-Guijian