RE: whitelist for safe-mode probes (or just a better blacklist?)

On Wednesday, September 20, 2006 8:43 AM, Martin Hunt wrote:
> Writing a script to do this testing is not difficult, except for the
> problems with lockups which require a way to remotely reboot a system.
> This requires we assume the existence of special hardware or that the
> test system is running on a specific virtualization system.  This
> needs done regardless of what we decide about the need for a
> whitelist.  I hoped to provoke some discussion about this.  We've
> talked about it, but has anyone actually written any test scripts to
> test all the kernel functions this way?

See 'src/testsuite/systemtap.stress/all_kernel_functions.exp'.

This test is not enabled in the normal test-runs, because of the
likelyhood of inducing crashes.  There's an 'if 0' near the bottom that
gates the test, so just flip that to try it out.

The 'genload' function in the test could probably be improved to get a
more representative kernel test...

Josh