Re: missing entrypc dwarf line record

Frank Ch. Eigler wrote:

David Wilder <dwilder@us.ibm.com> writes:

[...]
semantic error: missing entrypc dwarf line record for function
'jprobe_return'
semantic error: no match for probe point
while: resolving probe point kernel.function("jprobe_return")

This indicates that there is not even basic debugging information for this function (to delineate the beginning of its object code). At this time, we don't gradually degrade to basic symbol-table-level information, so such functions cannot be probed.

jprobe_return is black-listed but it is not helping.. [...]

It being black-listed would imply that an attempt to probe it will be blocked at some point. The translator blacklist operates at translation time; the kprobes blacklist operates at startup time.

- FChE

Humm ok. I am seeing the problem in semok/twenty.stp run by make all check.
The test is "probe kernel.function("*") {}", Is there a way to use "*" and exclude a function?

Is it important to users that kernel.function("*") works? Do I need to resolve this for s390?

David Wilder
IBM Linux Technology Center
Beaverton, Oregon, USA dwilder@us.ibm.com
(503)578-3789