Re: Systemtap for NFSv4

On Wed, 2006-08-23 at 09:41 -0700, Gerrit Huizenga wrote:
> > Note: if we do want to replace dprintks with SystemTap, then I think
> > that another precondition would be that we include the main systemtap
> > debugging scripts in Linus' tree.
>
> That has also been discussed - and I think that is a valid proposal.
> Not sure what the current status is but if the SystemTap folks agree,
> that is an easy discussion to start on LKML or with akpm.

Hmm.... I see that the netdev folks have started an alternative to
systemtap when it comes to in-kernel debugging. I assume you have seen
the file net/ipv4/tcp_probe.c?
They use jprobes to just patch in a 'debugging module' that contains the
printk()s that might be of interest. How about this as an alternative?

Cheers,
  Trond