Re: Can't pass options to kernel build system when building systemtap module?

Chuck Ebbert <76306.1226@compuserve.com> writes:

> I used this command to build my Linux kernel:
>         make CC=gcc411
> When I tried to build a systemtap module, I found no way to pass [that]

You're right, we don't have a specific option for that.  You could do
it by hand (from a "-p3 -k" saved temporary tree) but it's not pretty.

I guess it would be nice if the kernel-devel makefiles resulting
from a custom kernel build were to stash their CC also.  Oh well.