03-02-2006 meeting minutes

Attendees
IBM - Jim, Hien, Tom, Prasanna, Ananth, Vara, Richard
Redhat - Will, Martin, Elena, Frank
Intel - Josh, Anil
Hitachi - Satoshi

LKML watch -
Masami san posted a notes on the list. IBM next.

kprobes regression tests -
Everyone should check in the tests

RHEL4 U4 Backport -
Anil attached a patch in the new bz #2408.
Fault handling is broken, Prasanna has a patch ready to fix that. THis patch should go in the RHEL4 U4 if possible.
Ananth said that we have some slots in the spec file, so we must consider to consolidate those patches.
We need to test the back port patch on ppc64 and i386 (Josh)

Static validator -
Posted and checked in CVS. It checks modules for legal external references, and parses the disassembly for legal opcodes.

Probes fault handling -
Prasanna said that there are some issues in the case of multi-handler (keeping track of which one is faulted). Prasanna is working on a patch to address that.
In 2.6.16-rc4-mm2, we could register notify (when the frist probe inserted) and unregister notify (when the last probes removed)
Some discussions regarding how systemtap would use the fault handling.

Bugs -
bz#2046 - Tom sent Martin a patch to take care the new relayfs impact on the rumtime.
bz#2294 - Verified. Fixed in 2.6.16-rc5
bz#2185 - Anil is working on this problem.