Re: ia64 kprobes on syscalls

Jes> Has anyone done this successfully on ia64? Is it supposed to
Jes> work? I was speaking to Suparna who said there were some
Jes> systemtap scripts to do this, so I a presume it has at least been
Jes> working at some point for the x86?

Jes> I've attached a simple test case below if anyone wishes to
Jes> comment upon it (or tell me why I am utterly stupid ;) Ignore the
Jes> fact that this thing is leaking struct kprobe's left right and
Jes> center.

Well before anyone shames me in public, let me face up to that part
first - changing the kmalloc to kzalloc improves the situation
somewhat ;-)

Anyone got a stash of brown paper bags for sale for a reasonable
price?

I am still puzzled why it blew up the box when I try and probe
directly on the syscall entry code though ....

Sorry for the noise.

Cheers,
Jes