Re: new syscall tapset checked in, but needs work

hunt wrote:

> [...]  I'm using an strace-like output format for the args, although
> that really isn't possible for things like sys_read() where strace
> shows the results that get written in the input buffer. It is
> possible to write a systemtap script to do that, but not at the
> tapset level.

If it is possible at the script level, it's possible at the tapset
level (on purpose).  For instance, a tapset alias for syscall.read
could store away its incoming args in an private array, until its
.return (until bug #1382 is done).  All that code would be optimized
away if not used.