Re: libdwfl failure?

Stone, Joshua I wrote:

Michael K. Dolan Jr. wrote:

I get the following errors when trying to execute a tap script... this
happens with just about any tap file I use...

Likely you are missing the debuginfo for your kernel. From the README:

Tips :
------
- Systemtap looks for the debug info in these locations
 /boot/vmlinux-`uname -r`
 /usr/lib/debug/lib/modules/`uname -r`/vmlinux
 /lib/modules/`uname -r`/vmlinux

So make sure that you have vmlinux in one of those locations.

All- would it be hard to output a better error message, instead of "No such file or directory"?

Josh

FYI, I got it to work using a symlink

With Gentoo, I had to drop a symlink in /lib/modules/uname -r/

vmlinux -> /usr/src/linux/vmlinux

SystemTap officially works on Gentoo. Ran a few test scripts and everything works.