Re: analysis of polling in systemtap

On Mon, 2005-12-19 at 11:58 -0800, Martin Hunt wrote:

> >      # there is also a race here.
> >      delete called
>
> Yes, this is a much more serious race.

I shouldn't have said that.  It is only more serious if you consider the
problem of dueling timer probes printing the same data at the same time,
which isn't something I plan to worry about.

The real problem I want to solve is how to better handle timer events
that print data and then clear a pmap. Because clearing a large pmap can
be expensive and could be done for free while aggregating it.