Re: bugs

Hi -

jamesd.wi wrote:

> the following script makes stap segfault, it should exit cleanly on
> errors (yesterdays cvs)
>
> probe kernel.function("sys_*") {
>                 if(pid() = $target) log("here");
> [...]
> querying prologue-end of function 'sys_sched_yield'
> finding location for local 'target' near address c011cee5, module bias 0
> Segmentation fault

I cannot reproduce this with today's code, though did make a fix to a
potentially related region of code.  For segv reports, it is helpful
to run the program under a debugger to produce a stack traceback at
the moment of crash.  Please consider using bugzilla.

> todays cvs is broken
> [root@localhost src]# make

BTW there is no need to compile systemtap as root.

> [...]
> make[1]: Entering directory `/home/jamesd/src'
> if g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I.
> [...]
> /usr/include/unistd.h:330: error: expected initializer before __wuv
> [...]

I don't see this problem either.  Maybe your source checkout was
botched.  A parse error in unistd.h is of course very strange.