Re: [changxl@ust.hk: where is stp_check]

On Tue, 2005-08-30 at 07:56 -0400, Frank Ch. Eigler wrote:
> > Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2005 16:09:31 +0800 (HKT)
> > Subject: where is stp_check
> > From: "CHANG Xiaolin" <changxl@ust.hk>
> >
> > Hi,
> > Could u pls tell how to run the samples in runtime directory?
> >
> > I try "runtime/stpd/stpd runtime/probes/shellsnoop/shellsnoop.ko"
> > However, there is error: Could not run stp_check. where is stp_check?

stp_check.in is in the toplevel sources directory (runtime/..).
As part of the configuration process, stp_check is created from it.

The only thing stp_check does currently is to check that relayfs is in
the kernel or loaded as a module.  If it is not, it builds it from
sources and loads it. Then it checks to see if relayfs is mounted.

If you are not configuring, building, and installing the whole systemtap
package, you will need to put a properly configured stp_check in your
path somewhere. If you are just testing and don't plan to use relayfs,
it can be an empty file.

Martin