Re: instrumenting vs. module loading

Ananth N Mavinakayanahalli wrote:
Frank Ch. Eigler wrote:

I don't have much idea about in kernel details of module loading and
unloading, but I'd imagine we'll encounter "interesting" issues if a
different module is loaded in the same text range with such a stray
kprobe.

On more thought, we won't see any such issues - we won't have the breakpoint hit at all - the whole text gets overlaid right?

Doh! what was I thinking earlier.. need more coffee :-)

Ananth