Re: reentrant probes

Hi -

rohit.seth wrote:

> [...]  I think it will be quite useful to allow renentrancy in
> probes.  Not sure why would you want to restrict this.  [...]

It seems hazardous, for example by permitting infinite regress, should
a breakpoint be placed into the normal execution path of the kprobes
layer itself.  It would also require supporting nested int3 faults,
definitely requiring extra stack space.

Maybe these are surmountable by some combination of run-time nesting
limits (like the ones we'd have in translated recursive scripts), and
blacklisting some modules (e.g. kprobes itself) from becoming
systemtap probing targets.