Re: Output Redesign in SystemTap Runtime

> 7. What about probes with custom GUI interfaces?  Do we define a way for
> stpd to fork and forward data to a GUI app, or do we simply structure
> stpd so anyone can grab the sources and easily build a custom version of
> it?

What about having stpd just do the set up of an independent channel that
something else can use?  i.e., a new netlink socket, or a new named relayfs
channel (I'm glossing over the details because I don't remember the details
of relayfs clearly).  If necessary, we could provide a small library for
applications paired with some probe kernel runtime interfaces for setting
up and using such channels.  It's possible to do something like have an
application contact stpd and get back a file descriptor for its channel.