Re: [patch][commit] EOF Handling for sid-io-stdio

Frank Ch. Eigler wrote:

Hi -

I've committed this patch which corrects a problem with
sid-io-stdio. Currently, when there is no data available to be
read, the gloss component cannot distinguish this from EOF. [...]

Interesting, I vaguely recall intending that code to encode EOF the same way C stdio does (value 0..255: valid data, value -1: eof). The data pin is wide enough to do so unambiguously.

I see what you're saying, but I still think that an eof pin is a better interface.

1) No overhead on the receiving end examining each value driven on the data pin to see if it's the magic '-1' character
2) Driving the eof pin could easily trigger additional events, if needed.

Dave