Re: Bugreport: Latest CVS checkout of sid: segfault with empty file w/o configuration(?)

Hi -

On Fri, Mar 31, 2006 at 10:10:16PM +0200, Onno Kortmann wrote:
> [...]
> I have now debugged it (somehow the backtrace was of no help, lacked symbols
> and was messed up - so I got to this location iteratively!) until this line
> in compConfig.cxx:
>
> bool
> cfgroot_component::register_dso(const string& dso_name, const string&
> _symbol_name)
> {
>   lt_dlhandle dl_handle = 0;
>
>   // Try ordinary dynamic linking
>   dl_handle = lt_dlopen(dso_name.c_str());     <--------

Try recompiling the whole thing with "CFLAGS=-g CXXFLAGS=-g".  It may
help explain why lt_dlopen failed, if perhaps something is wrong with
dso_open.

Another fall-back option is to configure with "--disable-shared",
which will link in component libraries right into the sid binary.

> I installed sid with the default prefix into /usr/local. I added
> /usr/local/sid/sidcomp to the LD_LIBRARY_PATH as a test - this did
> not help. [...]

sid tries to locate its component shared libraries using several
means, including the SID_EXEC_PREFIX environment variable, and the
location of its own executable.  Because of the latter, it should
just work without additional environment settings.

- FChE