Re: Need information about passing command line arguments.

Hi -

On Thu, Jan 12, 2006 at 11:22:42AM +0530, mnskrishna@soc-soft.com wrote:
> One more request how to find GLOSS-COMPONENT, I tried --save-temps it
> gives help information related to options mentioned below
> [...]
> --save-temps=FILE     Write config to FILE, '-' for stdout.
> [...]

As the option says, you have to give "--save-temps" an argument
to specify where the sid configuration file should be written to.

> please let us know what is GLOSS-COMPONENT?

In general, a GLOSS sid component emulates the system call / OS layer
by intercepting CPUs' trap instructions.  Such a component should be
configured into the simulation in order for it to run "hosted" C
programs that use stdio, argv[], and so on.  If the "--board=MM_.."
does not already have it, you may have to add the sid "--gloss"
option, if that is a supported configuration for the MM* (mep)?
family.

For "GLOSS-COMPONENT" in my command line example, substitute the
reference name of the gloss component instance that you will find in
the sid configuration file, the one hooked up to the CPU.

- FChE