Re: SID compile error on older custom version

Hi -

On Thu, Jan 13, 2005 at 01:06:21PM -0800, Shane Volpe wrote:
> I'm trying to compile an older version of SID in
> Linux.  [...]
> When I try to compile SID I get the following error:
> error: `hash' undeclared in namespace 'std'
> [...]

The hashing-related functions are in a different namespace in
recent versions of libstdc++.  The code needs to
   #include <ext/hash_map>
and perhaps something like this:
   using namespace __gnu_cxx;

Though I recall once just giving up on hash tables altogether
because it was too painful to get autoconf to find the right
set of headers and namespaces.

- FChE