Re: cygwin expect-all build failure (more detail)

Actually.. Here's more details on this problem.
I erased my build/expect directory and tried
make all-expect again, and got some more information.

Part of the problem right up front is that I can't find
the Tk configuration.  It's supposed to find the built-in
Tk, right?  I'm no good with autoconf, I can't really tell.

I noticed that configure found a "tcl/cygwin/tclConfig.sh" and used
that.  If it's trying to find something like "tk/cygwin/tkConfig.sh", I
haven't got one.  I noticed that I have a tree like this (ignoring *.o):

wdonahue:/usr/local/src/sid-cvs/build$ ls -R tcl tk |grep -v ".o$"
tcl/
    Makefile
    config.log
    config.status
    cygwin/
	Makefile
	config.log
	config.status
	libtcl_cygwin.a
	tclConfig.sh
    win/
	Makefile
	config.log
	config.status
	libtcl84.a
	libtcldde12.a
	libtclreg11.a
	libtclstub84.a
	tcl.hpj
	tcl84.dll
	tclConfig.sh
	tcldde12.dll
	tclpip84.dll
	tclreg11.dll
	tclsh84.exe
tk/
    Makefile
    config.log
    config.status
    win/
	Makefile
	config.log
	config.status
	libtk84.a
	libtkstub84.a
	tk84.dll
	tkConfig.sh
	wish84.exe

There's NO "tk/cygwin" at all.. That may be my main problem...

$ rm -r expect
$ make all-expect 2>&1 |tee all-expect.out
$ cat all-expect.out

Configuring in expect
configuring Expect 5.26.0
checking host system type... i686-pc-cygwin
checking target system type... i686-pc-cygwin
checking build system type... i686-pc-cygwin
checking shell to use within Make...
checking for Tcl configuration... found /usr/local/src/sid-cvs/build/tcl/cygwin/tclConfig.sh
checking for Tk configuration... configure: warning: Can't find Tk configuration definitions
checking host system type... i686-pc-cygwin
checking for gcc... gcc
checking whether the C compiler (gcc -g -O2 ) works... yes
checking whether the C compiler (gcc -g -O2 ) is a cross-compiler... no
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
checking whether the compiler (gcc) actually works... yes
checking for ranlib... ranlib
checking if running LynxOS... no
checking for ANSI C header files... yes
checking for pid_t... yes
checking return type of signal handlers... void
checking whether time.h and sys/time.h may both be included... yes
checking for sys/wait.h that is POSIX.1 compatible... yes
checking if running Mach... no
checking if running MachTen... no
checking if on Pyramid... no
checking if on Apollo... no
checking if on Interactive... no
checking if stty reads stdout... no
checking if running Solaris... no
checking for sin... yes
checking for Tcl private headers... found in /usr/local/src/sid-cvs/src/tcl/generic
checking for Itcl private headers. srcdir=../../src/expect... configure: warning: Can't find Itcl private headers
checking if generating shared or nonshared library... unshared
checking for Tcl configuration... configure: warning: Can't find Tcl configuration definitions
.: Can't open #: No such file or directory
cp: cannot stat `./Dbg1584/Dbg_cf.h': No such file or directory
Begin tests for function/library dependencies.  Tests may be repeated
up to three times.  First test is for building Expect's shared library.
Second set is for building with Tcl.  Third is for building with Tk.
checking for gethostname... yes
checking for gethostname... yes
checking for gethostname... yes
checking for socket... yes
checking for socket... yes
checking for socket... yes
checking for select... yes
checking for select... yes
checking for select... yes
checking for getpseudotty... no
checking for getpseudotty in -lseq... no
checking for getpseudotty... no
checking for getpseudotty in -lseq... no
checking for getpseudotty... no
checking for getpseudotty in -lseq... no
checking for sys/sysmacros.h... yes
checking for stdlib.h... yes
checking for inttypes.h... no
checking for varargs.h... yes
checking for unistd.h... yes
checking for sys/stropts.h... no
checking for sys/sysconfig.h... no
checking for sys/fcntl.h... yes
checking for sys/select.h... yes
checking for sys/time.h... yes
checking for sys/ptem.h... no
checking for sys/strredir.h... no
checking for sys/strpty.h... no
checking for sys/bsdtypes.h... no
checking for memmove... yes
checking for sysconf... yes
checking for strftime... yes
checking for strchr... yes
checking for timezone... yes
checking for memcpy... yes
checking if WNOHANG requires _POSIX_SOURCE... no
checking if any value exists for WNOHANG... yes
checking mask type of select... none
checking if signals need to be re-armed... no
checking if on Convex... no
checking if on NeXT... no
checking if on HP... no
checking sane default stty arguments...
checking for HP style pty allocation... no
checking for HP style pty trapping... no
checking for AIX new-style pty allocation... no
checking for SGI old-style pty allocation... no
checking for SCO style pty allocation... no
checking for SVR4 style pty allocation... yes
checking for ptsname... yes
checking for ptsname... (cached) yes
checking for ptsname... (cached) yes
checking for NSIG definition with _XOPEN_SOURCE... yes
checking for OSF/1 style pty allocation... no
checking for tcgetattr... yes
checking for tcsetattr... yes
checking for struct sgttyb... no
checking for struct termio... yes
checking for struct termios... yes
checking if TCGETS or TCGETA in termios.h... yes
checking if TIOCGWINSZ in termios.h... yes
checking for Cray-style ptys... no
checking for select... yes
checking for poll... yes
checking event handling... via select
checking for _getpty... no
checking for getpty... no
checking for SV-style timezone... yes
checking for Tk private headers... found in /usr/local/src/sid-cvs/src/tk/generic
configure: warning: No X based programs will be built
	WARNING: Can't find Tk headers or library.  You can still
	build expect, but not expectk.  See Expect's README for
	information on how to obtain Tk.  If Tk is installed, see
	Expect's INSTALL on how to tell configure where Tk is
	installed.
checking for long file names... yes
checking for type of library to build... unshared
checking for Cygwin32 environment... yes
checking for executable suffix... .exe
creating ./config.status
creating Makefile
creating pkgIndex
creating expect_cf.h
configuring in testsuite
running /bin/sh ../../../src/expect/testsuite/configure  --build=i686-pc-cygwin --host=i686-pc-cygwin --target=i686-pc-cygwin --prefix=/usr/local/sid --exec-prefix=/usr/local/sid --cache-file=../.././config.cache --srcdir=../../../src/expect/testsuite
checking for Tcl configuration... configure: warning: Can't find Tcl configuration definitions
.: Can't open #: No such file or directory
configure: error: ../../../src/expect/testsuite/configure failed for testsuite
make: *** [configure-expect] Error 1