Re: Trying to run on pid7t board

Hi -

On Wed, Aug 21, 2002 at 05:24:50PM +0100, Robert Cragie wrote:
> [...]
> I then connect to it using gdb (insight 5.0), and connect successfully to
> the target. I then download the test, and inspect memory at 0x8000, no
> problem, it's there. However, when I start to run, it hits the breakpoint I
> have set, but I notice all the code has vanished at 0x8000, and it's
> executing 0x00000000 each time. Any idea what's going on?

Yes, that is odd.  Can you tell me why you think it's executing 0x0?
You could show gdb's side of the conversation, either a console script,
or maybe even include packet traces as per `(gdb) set remote debug 3'.

> [...]
> I am suspicious of the 'flush_i_cache' line - could this be flushing 0
> into the program space?:
> [...]

I don't think so.  The only cache in the pid7t configuration is a little
instruction-decoding cache inside the CPU model, and flushing it just means
throwing it away.  The instruction memory should not be affected at all.

- FChE