Re: cvs sid looks for wrong tcl

Hi -

On Tue, Oct 02, 2001 at 03:06:05PM -0700, Per Bothner wrote:
: >Thanks; I don't know whether we'll apply this or just wait for a
: >resynch opportunity.  In the mean time, I recommend you
: >"cvs release -d sid" from your working tree.
:
: Are you serious?  If that is your feeling about the public source tree,
: then why do you have one?

I am sorry if I gave the impression that this situation would be allowed
to remain for long.  Thanks for letting us know; indeed the tcl 8.0->8.3
upgrade could have been better co-ordinated.  But isn't this blowing the
problem a bit out of proportion?  You said you don't care about sid; I
don't think many people check out the entire src repository; it doesn't
sound like a crisis.

: More to the point, why is sid part of the integrated source tree?  [...]

It's a good place for free software packages that have some utility and
interrelationship with other nearby tools.  This is a separate issue, IMO
less to the point.

- FChE

PGP signature