Re: 'bridge-tk unknown' when trying to run demo

Hi -

On Thu, Jul 12, 2001 at 10:51:41AM -0400, Andre wrote:
: [...]
: > Right.  The bridge-tk component requires among other things that
: > the tcl-bridge component be available as a shared library
: > (in $prefix/lib/sidcomp) or statically linked into the
: > $prefix/bin/sid executable,
:
: What would trigger the configure script to try one over the other ??

The sid/configure{.in} script looks for the existence of
a libstdc++ shared library (.so or .dll).  It looks like for
your machine, full shared + static library building is triggered.
The log/ls-lR files you sent over suggest that everything built
and installed as expected.

: [...]
: > (Also, please be aware that this old demo is not frequently tested
: > any more.)
:
: Does this mean there is a newer demo somewhere ?? I have no special
: interest in a voice-pager - I simply wanted something to verify that
: everything is working :-)

Running "make check" in the sid build directory is one way to ensure
that the system is built well enough.  Actually using it, by running
or debugging some cross-compiled applications (see the new documentation
or the online FAQ), is the the best way.

- FChE

PGP signature