[wilson@tuliptree.org: Re: tix fails to build for m68k-elf]

FYI.

cgf

----- Forwarded message from Jim Wilson <wilson at tuliptree dot org> -----

From: Jim Wilson <wilson at tuliptree dot org>
To: Peter Barada <peter at baradas dot org>
CC: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
Subject: Re: tix fails to build for m68k-elf
Date: Fri, 07 Mar 2003 18:10:50 -0500

Peter Barada wrote:
>I thought that the tix directory was going to be removed....

This isn't a gcc problem, it is an insight/source-navigator problem.
There isn't anything a gcc maintainer can do about it except complain to
the insight/source-navigator maintainers.

Yes, someone will eventually fix this.  Meanwhile, it isn't really a
serious problem.  It is just a minor annoyance.  Just delete or rename
the tix directory in your uberbaum tree and the problem goes away.  This
assumes you have no interest in source-navigator, which is normally not
built as part of an uberbaum tree.  This will allow insight (gdbtk) to
build.

>If I remove it, the build continues until it bombs out in the rda
>directory....

This is also not a gcc problem.  It is an RDA problem.  RDA doesn't seem
to be a full fledged project yet, so we should consider it a gdb
problem.  This can be solved in a similar way, just move the offending
directory out of the way, and/or complain to the gdb maintainers.

I'd like to point out that the uberbaum tree, while very useful, has
always been unofficial and mostly undocumented.  You can't expect anyone
to be responsive to problems with it.

Jim