This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the pthreas-win32 project.
Re: plan for 2.9.0?
- From: Ross Johnson <Ross dot Johnson at homemail dot com dot au>
- To: Farkas Levente <lfarkas at lfarkas dot org>
- Cc: pthreads-win32 at sourceware dot org
- Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2011 19:04:00 +1000
- Subject: Re: plan for 2.9.0?
- References: <4E27CF87.firstname.lastname@example.org>
On 21/07/2011 5:04 PM, Farkas Levente wrote:
is there any plan to release 2.9.0 in the near future? in the last few
years there was not any kind of release...
Yes. Recent contributions of patches and testing on different systems
has greatly improved the reliability of 64 bit builds. Other work has
fixed some bugs and added some new features, robust mutexes being the
All of this work has been committed to the current CVS head revision if
anyone would like to try it. See the NEWS file for details of what's new
There are some other changes in the pipeline but I will probably hold
them over to a 2.9.x release. In that case you may find a new packaged
release (source and pre-built) on the site by the end of the weekend,
but the pre-built package will still include only the 32 bit dll. The 64
bit version still needs to be built from source.